27 Mar 2020
Club now open for Social Golf only
Thank you for bearing with us during this challenging time, over the past few days various government bodies have issued conflicting communications that have made it difficult to ascertain if our club can open for golf, and if so under what guidelines.
Taking all government directives into consideration, the committee has decided to open the club for ‘golf only’ as of tomorrow (Saturday the 28th of March).
Please note that the following rules and changes to our normal operation will be in effect during this time:
1. The clubhouse bar and pokies will be closed.
2. The restaurant will be open with pies, drinks and other snacks.
3. The 3rd and 4th round of the Dunlop Masters Club Championships will be rescheduled to a suitable future date.
4. All competitions such as; Pennants, Shootouts, Trade Days, Saturday comps, Monthly Medals, Chicken Runs and Pizza Runs have been postponed until further notice.
5.The Joker Draw and Chook Raffle have been postponed until further notice.
6. All golf will be Social Golf.
7. All tee times must be booked in advance, including all weekdays and Sundays. Please note that all existing bookings for tomorrow have been deleted, members must rebook tee times online.
8. Score your own card, no markers. Honesty system.
9. There will be no handicapping during this time, your most recent handicap will be used until handicapping resumes. Do not submit your card.
10. Members will not be allowed to congregate in the clubhouse, please arrive 15 minutes before your tee time, and leave the club straight after your round.
11. No alcohol will be for sale, BYO is also strictly not allowed.
12. Caddies will not be allowed during this time.
13. Privately owned carts are strongly advised to be used by only 1 person during a round.
14. Club owned carts are strictly to be used by only 1 person during a round.
15. Leave the flag in when putting, do not touch the pin.
16. Do not handshake with your playing partners at the end of the round.
17. Only members are allowed to play, no visitors during this time unless there is management approval.
18. Refrain from entering the club if you have travelled overseas to Covid-19 hotspot areas in the last 14 days.
19. If you are unwell, have a cough, sore throat or fever – do not enter the club.
20. Keep a safe distance of 1.5 meters between yourself and others at all times.
We feel that having the golf course open will permit healthy exercise in open air, as golf is one of the last remaining sports that can be enjoyed safely during the pandemic, however I remind members of their serious responsibility to observe health guidelines during this time. Please be mindful of government directives that are constantly being updated that may affect the club.