29 Apr 2020
Covid-19 Preventative Measures
In light of the global coronavirus pandemic, please follow the below preventative measures recommended by the World Health Organisation to reduce the risk of infection, so that our club stays safe during this challenging time.
- Stop handshaking, hugging or kissing – use other noncontact methods of greeting each other.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly (30 seconds) with soap.
- Do not touch your face with your hands.
- If you must sneeze or cough, do so into your elbow.
- (The virus spreads through droplets when you sneeze or cough)
- If you feel unwell, have a fever, chills, cough or sore throat - refrain from entering the club and seek immediate medical advice.
- Keep a safe distance of 1.5 meters between yourself and other at all times.
- Refrain from entering the club if you have travelled overseas to Covid-19 hotspot areas in the last 14 days.
Furthermore, note that the following changes to our normal operation (or updates) will be in effect during this time:
- The clubhouse pokies facility will be closed until the 9th of June due to a ban imposed by the NGCC.
- The Hideout restaurant is open with meals, pies, drinks and other snacks.
- The 3rd and 4th round of the Dunlop Masters Club Championships will be rescheduled to a suitable future date.
- The Joker Draw and Chook Raffle have been postponed until further notice.
- Limited competitions are being held at the discretion of sponsors and the club, please ask Rizal for details.
- All tee times must be booked in advance, including all weekdays and Sundays.
- Score your own card, no swapping with markers. Verbally check scores with your marker after play.
- Handicapping has resumed as normal, please submit your card after play.
- Members are encouraged not to congregate in the clubhouse.
- Privately owned carts are strongly advised to be used by only 1 person during a round.
- Club owned carts are strictly to be used by only 1 person during a round.
- Leave the flag in when putting, do not touch the pin.
- Do not handshake with your playing partners at the end of the round.
- Only members are allowed to play, no visitors during this time unless approved by management.
I remind all members to take extra care given the multinational nature and senior demographic of our membership having a higher vulnerability to this virus than the general population. Please be mindful of government directives that are constantly being updated that may affect the club.
Michael Brasier - General Manager