When: 11 Sep 2021
Event Type: Stroke
Fee: K 120 for 4 rounds
Deffered to September 11-12, 18-19, 2021
Conditions of Play
The ELA MOTORS Club Championships will be played over four rounds on the 20th and 21st , 27th and 28th of March 2021 at the Royal Port Moresby Golf Club. Daily events will be conducted and prizes (Nett) shall be awarded for both Men and Women.
- This is a 4-day stoke event.
- A maximum field of 180 starters is anticipated. The Match Committee may allocate places at their discretion. A draw will be in place on the final 2 rounds based on top 8 for each grade or change under the discretion of the Match Committee where it see fit.
- Ties in all nett events will be decided by count-back, ties for the overall 72-hole event for both Ladies and Men will be determined by a sudden death play-off over 18th hole continuously until a winner is determined. If light prevents a conclusion, joint winners may be declared.
- COST: The fee applicable to play in this competition will be K 30 per day.
- Grades and Divisions
Men’s A grade is up to 12.4
Men’s B Grade is 12.5 to 19.4
Men’s C grade is 19.5 to 36
Ladies Division 1 is up to 18.4
Ladies Division 2 is 18.5 to 45
- Men & Ladies Seniors Division, players between age of 50 and 60 at the commencement of the tournament over 54 holes (days 1, 2, & 3 to be used).
- Men & Ladies Veterans Division, players age of 61 & above at the commencement of the tournament over 36 holes (days 1 & 2 to be used).
Seniors and Veterans can be combined if the number of players does not reach minimum requirement to run the competition.
- All players are required to report to the starter twenty (20) minutes before their scheduled hit-off time for each round of golf – failure to do so will result in a two shot penalty. In accordance with Rule 6-3(a) TIME OF STARTING: if, in the absence of circumstances which warrants waiving the penalty of DISQUALIFICATION as provided in Rule 33-7, the player arrives AT HIS/HER STARTING POINT, READY TO PLAY WITHIN 5-MINUTES AFTER HIS/HER STARTING TIME, the penalty is TWO (2) strokes at the first hole. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to modify a penalty under exceptional cases if the cases as presented are deemed extenuating by the Committee. Where applicable, the Starter’s findings will be taken into consideration by the Tournament Committee.
- Play will be in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by R&A Rules Ltd of St Andrews and in accordance with the RPMGC Conditions of Competition and Local Rules and the local rules as approved by the RPMGC Director of Tournaments.
The ELA MOTORS CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS is for Members ONLY who has a PLAYING HANDICAP.
NON-MEMBERS who wish to play can play if there are available spots BUT will not be in the competition.
RPMGC Match Committee
[ Back to Events ]